WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE SPARKY, CREATIVE, RESOURCEFUL, SUPER-ORGANISED AND BIG-HEARTED TO JOIN US AT DISHOOM.
We have a plum role available working within a first-class marketing team, supporting our award-winning restaurants. It’s a full-time position based at Dishoom’s Babu* House (head office) in Shoreditch (although work will often be carried out in the cafés), with a great set of responsibilities and tons of opportunities to learn and develop.
You will have at least a couple of years’ experience in a similar role (marketing, design, creative, project management), either in an agency or client-side. You’ll have worked on some good, substantial projects and be comfortable managing your own time and workload. Salary will depend on experience.
Chote Creative-walla/i will be working on the following:
Creative content and design (internal and external)
Managing relationships with internal stakeholders as well as external agencies including graphic designers, copywriters, photographers, and print suppliers. Create fascinating content (from photography and video to blog posts and presentations) and collaborate with the marketing team on e-mail campaigns – drafting copy and selecting brilliant images. Supporting the Event Manager by owning the design and creative for guest events.
New restaurant openings
Assisting the creative design team with all creative aspects of new openings. This can include selecting new artwork for the walls, purchasing restaurant-dressing materials, drafting sign-writing briefs and creating sterling artwork guides for the team and guests. Conceptualising new restaurant collateral (including new menus and site-specific marketing collateral), and updating internal collateral (e.g. training materials).
Creative resources management
Work with the creative design team to continuously elevate our brand and design credentials, ensuring all marketing materials meet our exceptionally high standards. Execute the creative design strategy for all Dishoom projects – drafting excellent creative briefs and monitoring internal and external materials for consistency and quality. Managing all day-to-day print requirements and artwork updates. Keeping our creative libraries (image, video, print) in order and looking for innovative solutions to improve them.
Our perfect Chote Chatter-walla/i will be:
- Sparky and resourceful.
- Organised, focussed and proactive.
- Fantastic with people – great at building and maintaining relationships, warm and genuinely lovely with everyone.
- Resilient – unflustered in a busy environment.
- A good planner – able to meet deadlines and manage projects/chunks of work.
- Experienced and adept at working with clients (internal and/or external) and creative agencies.
- Completely comfortable and experienced in commissioning printed materials (fascinated by paper weights and finishes. Likely a stationary fiend and obsessed with typography).
- Comfortable in an office environment – good experience of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), used to juggling email inboxes and calendars, excellent telephone manner.
- Creative, curious, with a keen sense of the aesthetic and impeccable attention to detail.
- Literary-minded and able to string a few sentences together into some nice writing!
- Particular about spelling and grammar.
- Experienced in Photoshop or other photo editing/management software.
Please send your CV and some thoughts on why you could totally nail this role and why you would like it. (Hint: thorough knowledge/research on Dishoom will help!) by 26 Nov 2017.
* Babu can be a term of respect in India but is more frequently used to refer to bureaucrats behind desks who don’t do much.